Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The King Of Good Times

[from churmuri.com]

On the historic occasion of the 150th anniversary that most Indians celebrate every night with tears in their eyes, and few historians remember—the setting up of United Breweries in 1857

***

After an international beer conference in London, all the world’s top brewery bosses decide to go out for a beer together.

The chairman of Budweiser says, “I’d like the most refreshing beer in the world, ‘The King of Beers’: give me a Budweiser.”

The bartender takes a bottle from the shelf and opens it for him.

The Chairman of Guinness says, “I’d like the only beer in the world worth really, truly waiting for: give me a Guinness.” The bartender serves him.

The Chairman of Carlsberg says, ” I would like the world’s best beer, drunk in more countries than any other: give me a Carlsberg.” He gets one.

Vijay Mallya sits down, looks around and says, “just give me a Coke.”

The bartender looks at him, shrugs, and serves him.

The other brewery bosses laugh loudly and say, “Hey Vijay, how come you aren’t drinking a Kingfisher?”

“Listen,” says Mallya, “If you guys aren’t drinking beer, neither will I.”

***
Like Upendra so eloquently said "Cool drink yaake?"

No comments: