Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Achtung Panzer!


PanzerKampfwagon VI Ausf B. KonigsTiger!!

"On the road from Bollersdorf to Strausberg stood a further 11 Stalin tanks, and away on the egde of the village itself were around 120-150 enemy tanks in the process of being refuelled and re-armed. I opened fire and destroyed all of the 11 Stalin tanks on the road....My own personal score of enemy tanks destroyed in this action was 39."
SS-Hauptscharführer Karl Körner,
schwere SS Panzer Abteilung (103) 503 / III SS Panzer Corps,
East Germany, April of 1945.

"One day a Tiger Royal tank got within 150 yards of my tank and knocked me out. Five of our tanks opened up on him from ranges of 200 to 600 yards and got five or six hits on the front of the Tiger. They all just glanced off and the Tiger backed off and got away. If we had a tank like Tiger, we would all be home today."
Report by tank commander Sergeant Clyde D. Brunson from 2nd Armored Division, 1945.


I recently bought Tamiya's Tiger II build it yourself kit. I even bought another Tamiya kit for setting up the tank track with individual tracks. I am so excited about this kit and am sure I am going to enjoy building this tank. I will post links for information on this behemoth 57-tonne tank soon. Read and understand why I love this tank! I will post some more pics as I build it and hopefully it comes out looking like the stock picture.

Achtung Panzer!
Das Reich - 2nd SS Panzer Division
Loads of technical info on the King Tiger
PanzerWorld Also has an extensive section devoted to plastic modeling.
World War 2 Aces
Panzer Photos There are tons of photos at this site.

I just bought plastic cement, so I'll get started off soon! I hope you are all as excited as I am.

EDIT 1: I used this awesome tool called Hello to post this photo into the blog post. Looks like Google's Picassa had something to do with it. Its seriously as simple as 1 - 2 -3. I really liked it.

EDIT 2: On the other hand, this tool is too simplistic to be of practical use. It posts every picture in a NEW post. I have been trying to post in the same post and it hasn't worked as yet. Deleting posts from the blog is a pain too as I have to delete one post at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing that struck me when I saw this post was how seamlessly the pic fit into the page. Neat tool! As for Tiger II, am looking forward to some more Calvin build-it-yourself stories ;-)
~ Nandini

Anonymous said...

Check out Tanknet for details on location. Methinks it is France. Sunny