Monday, May 23, 2005

XBox 360 - What Microsoft is doing and why?

I came across this very interesting article on the Xbox 360 . It details many basic differences between the Xbox360 and the PS3, I would say aimed at video console ignoramuses such as myself. Its a nice analysis of what you can expect from the two rivals, the basic differences in their design and marketing approaches, business decisions, timelines and of course, the kind of games that you can play on these engines.

I have never been much of a gamer but if someone wants to buy me one of these.....

Edit 1: I came across this awesome blog maintained Major Nelson who is on the Xbox 360 Team and he provides a very indepth technical analysis on all levels (hardware, software and services) of the Xbox and the PS3. Even though I am not going to buy any one of these, it was very interesting to read and the processes used to profile their performances was very useful information.

Pt 1 of 4
Pt 2 of 4
Pt 3 of 4
Pt 4 of 4

But I sure as hell don't know what to make of this

No comments: